- User Content Guidelines
User Content Guidelines
We reserve the right to remove any content contributed to a Florida Rental By Owners Inc. (FLARBO) website by members, travelers or any other "user" of the website which does not meet the following guidelines.
Reviews, review responses, including forum posts and any other content submitted by a user (collectively the “contributed content”) that are the subjective opinions of the user who posted the content (the “user” or “publisher”). Such content is not the opinion of FLARBO and is not endorsed by us.
While we encourage all users to post only information that is truthful and accurate, FLARBO does not act as a fact finder and cannot be put in a position to determine the legitimacy of the contributed content. All users should know that their user contributed content could subject them to misrepresentation or defamation claims, which FLARBO will not moderate or arbitrate.
Contributed content must adhere to the (including, but not limited to property listings, reviews and responses) Terms and Conditions of the HomeAway website in which such contributed content is posted on as well as the following guidelines:
- A review must be submitted within one year of the date of stay.
- Users who post content must have all legal rights to post the content.
- The content must be directly related to its purpose.
- Property listing descriptions must relate to the property advertised.
- Property listings should not direct travelers to third-party websites within the listing descriptions.
- Personal outbound website links may be included in an owner's profile settings only where indicated.
- User contributed photos must not contain watermarks or text.
- Reviews of a property must focus on either the traveler’s experience renting the property from the member or the member’s experience renting the property to the traveler as a direct result from using the Florida Rental By Owners website to engage the reservation.
- Reviews and responses should not disclose the physical location of the property.
- All members have the ability to change or negotiate the rate accepted for a property, reviews and responses should not disclose the actual rates charged by the member.
- Users cannot post a review or response for the direct purpose of forcing the other party to pay or return funds as that is not beneficial to the community as a whole.
In order to submit a review to the Site, a traveler or member must meet the following requirements:
The traveler or member must be able to provide evidence of the stay.
- Possessing a receipt of property access information from the host/manager
- Payment made according to the rental agreement/contract whereby the traveler arrived and had to stay at an alternative property due to unforeseen circumstances.
Members may not review a property that he or she owns or manages.
Travelers may not review themselves.
All users submitting a review must also be required to validate his or her identity or email upon submission.
Florida Rental By Owners Inc. (FLARBO), Customer Service support team is unable to edit reviews on a user’s behalf. A user may contact Customer Service to remove their published review.
In the event of legal action pertaining to contributed content, we will remove the relevant contributed content upon receipt of a final Court Order demanding removal.
Content Guidelines were last updated on April 27, 2021