- How to Respond to a Traveler Review
Responding to Traveler Reviews
Host Review Responses
Owners and Property Managers have the ability to respond to a traveler review on Florida Rental By Owners property listings. Responding to traveler reviews give future travelers a good idea of what kind of customer service you offer your guests and what they can expect while on vacation at your home.
- On your Host Dashboard, click the 'Listings' tab
- Click on the property listing "Details" button that you which to edit
- Click "Reviews" on the left menu bar
- Find the review that you wish to respond to and press "Edit/View"
- Enter the details of your response in the "Subscriber Reply" field
- Press "Save Review"
Helpful Tips for Host Responses to Inquiries
Respond to travelers in a helpful and friendly manner
Do not use special symbols or emojis. These are stripped from the communication for security purposes.
Be sure to answer all questions including information that may already appear on the listing.
Create a template that you can easily copy and paste into the response by using the feature, advantage, benefit strategy.
- Feature - Identify the best features of your property - include what past guests love about the property. Special amenities are good to include in this section like putting greens, hot tubs, tiki huts, docks, etc..
- Advantage - Include any advantages of booking with you versus another host or property manager. (ie: is the location of your property near restaurants, canals, beach, amusement park?)
- Benefit - Do you provide any benefits that your competitors don't? (ie: Do you offer free membership to a local fitness center? Are you providing more luxurious towels that are larger than a property manager's linen program?, etc..)
Trust - It's a good idea to show that you are trustworthy through credentials (FAVR member), awards or past guest review examples. It's not everyday that a traveler hands over thousands of dollars to a stranger they want to rent a house from. Make the process as simple and easy for them to trust you as a host.
Offering the basic cancellation policy is also good for guests to understand this up front.
Extra Information - If you have a website, be sure to offer the url link to the traveler so they can see more information about your property and host offerings.
A Call to Action - Finally include a brief call to action is super important and often missed by hosts. Include some details on how to proceed with a booking and the process that is involved.