- Fort Myers Beach Vacation Guide
About Fort Myers Beach
Fort Myers Beach's defining feature is its heaps of sugary white sand. A popular destination for visitors eager to engage in watersports like parasailing and kayaking, or just as eager to enjoy a relaxing beach vacation.
Enjoy an eco-tour, dolphin tour, or a fishing charter along the powdery white shores.
Even though Fort Myer's Beach is famous for its glorious beaches, there is so. much more to do - shopping, restaurants, annual events, and day trips are a few options.
We know Ft. Myers Beach is a destination all its own, but if you ever thought about visiting The Keys Ft Myers Beach is home to the Key West Express
Cities in Fort Myers Beach
Where Is Fort Myers Beach?
Fort Myers Beach is located in the Cape Coral-Fort Myers, area of Florida including the Sanibel and Captiva Islands.
Located in Southwest Florida Fort Myers is sunny and warm year-round.
What cities are near Fort Myers Beach?
- Sanibel Island
- Fort Myers
- Cape Coral
What county is Fort Myers in? Lee County
What is the area code in Fort Myers? 239
What is the zip code in Fort Myers? 33931, 33932
Highlights of Fort Myers Beach
What Are The Highlights Of Fort Myers Beach?
- You can walk the entire 7-mile length of the island along sandy, warm shores
- 190 miles of kayaking and canoeing along the Great Calusa Blueway
- Best beaches in the nation for shelling
- Fort Myers has the highest total number of days with sun as compared to all other Florida cities
- Sanibel boasts the only shell museum in the United States
- The Everglades are nearby
- Lovers Key state park - once only accessible by boat but now is a beautiful 712-acre park/beach
- Near the stadium for MLB teams Minesota Twins and Boston Red Sox spring training; they compete for the Mayor's Cup in Fort Myers!
- Dogs are allowed on any of the public beaches in Fort Myers Beach (Estero Island), Sanibel, and Captiva provided they are kept on a leash
Things to do in Fort Myers Beach
What Things Are There To Do In Fort Myers Beach?
Things to Do in the Fort Myer's Beach Area
- Shop at the Miromar outlets (30 minutes east) or the Bell Tower Shops (20 minutes towards Fort Myers city center)
- Historical sites; visit the winter homes of Thomas Edison & Henry Ford in Fort Myers
- Swimming, beaching, parasailing
- Marinas provide boat and water sport rentals
- Fantastic fishing off the pier, shore, or on chartered boats/tours (exquisite fishing reefs!)
- Shelling tours & cruises
- Dolphin eco-tours (and often other wildlife such as birds, manatees, alligators etc.)
- Everglade safaris
- See wild pigs in the Six Mile Cypress Preserve
Explore Fort Myers Beach
There's So Much To See & Do
Best Restaurants in Fort Myers Beach, Florida
Fort Myer's has an abundance of fantastic restaurants. There is a great selection of award-winning bistros and local seafood cuisine options. Some favorite restaurants include:
- Harold's a small but decidedly upscale Farm to Table restaurant that serves eclectic made in-house from scratch cuisine. Prices range from $22 -66
- Cape Cod Fish Company is located near the beaches boasting Authentic New England Seafood! "Bringing the flavors of the New England shores to Florida's Gulf Coast." Think fried Clams, luscious chowders, clam cakes, "lobstah" rolls.
- Gusto Cucina Italiana is an authentic Sicilian-style Italian restaurant with hearty meals ranging from $18 - 38 dollars
- Osteria Celli is another great Italian option specializing in freshly made Italian meals with simple robust ingredients in a sophisticated plating. Prices range from $26 - 66 dollars.
FORT MYER'S BEACH FLORIDA EVENTS
- Annual shrimp festival: mid-March
- Fort Myers Beach Film Festival: late April
- Annual American Sand-sculpting Championships (mid-November)
- Monthly art walk in the downtown River District
- Annual All-Florida championship rodeo: March
- Florida Weiner Dog Derby: early May
- Annual Taste of the Beach (May)
- Every night there is a Sunset Celebration in Time Square with food, music, and fun!
You're in luck! You can find vacation rentals right here on Florida Rental By Owner (FLARBO)! Our rental listings are 100% managed by the property owner or manager. Ditch the pesky third-party fees and interference - no middle man (Or woman) here!
Have more questions? Need more help planning your trip?Join our Fort Myers-Sanibel Facebook group here
Transportation for Fort Myers Beach
How To Get To And Around Fort Myers Beach
Flying into Ft Myers Beach, Florida
Whether you live in the United States, Canada, Europe, and beyond you are sure to find a final destination close by.
The Southwest Florida International airport is closest to Fort Myers Beach, approximately a 30-minute drive. The airport services most major airlines including Air Canada, airBerlin, American Airlines, Delta, Frontier, JetBlue, Silver Airways, Spirit, Southwest Airlines, Sun Country, United, and West Jet.
Public transit, car rental, and taxis, limos, Uber, and Lyft are available.
The Sarasota-Bradenton International Airport is smaller but includes a further 1-hour 45-minute drive to Fort Myers Beach. The airport is a destination for Air Canada, Allegiant, American Airlines, Delta, Elite Airways, Frontier, Jet Blue, Sun Country, Southwest & United. Taxis, Uber, Lyft, and rental cars are available.
Transportation in the Fort Myers Area
Once you reach your destination, there are taxi and limo services available.
There is additionally a Fort Myers Beach Trolley, with single rides for the affordable price of $0.50 ($0.25 for seniors). The trolley also offers all-day passes for $1.50 and 3-day passes for $3.00. This is a great alternative to driving, as parking can sometimes be limited and expensive.
Statistics about Fort Myers Beach
3+ Properties for rent
Prices range from $242.86/night
Weather for Fort Myers Beach
What is The Weather Like In Fort Myers Beach?
June, July, August and September are the warmest months in the Fort Myer's Beach area. Cooler temperatures prevail in the month of January, where minimum average temperatures at night average are cool. The wet season occurs in August.
Most people travel to the Fort Myer's area for the beaches - the Gulf of Mexico temperatures range from the hottest months of May, June, July, August, September, and October between 81°F to a steamy 87°F
FAQs about Fort Myers Beach
Answers to the most frequently asked questions.