- Disney - Orlando Area Vacation Guide
About Disney - Orlando Area
The Disney-Orlando Area Offers The Quintessential Florida Vacation
The Disney-Orlando area is one of the most visited areas in Florida. With unbeatable theme parks, extensive business/conference facilities, top-notch golfing, and world-class dining & shopping, and entertainment, visitors flock from all over the world.
While there are no vacation rentals in Orlando proper, they abound in the surrounding areas, none of them far from all the different activities and attractions.
Cities in Disney - Orlando Area
Disney - Orlando Florida Area Cities
Disney-Orlando Area Cities
Travelers are often surprised to learn that there aren't any vacation rentals in Orlando. Vacation homes are located in 4 areas, mainly within a 25-mile radius around the Disney area. The location is often called Four Corners because the corner of the 4 counties meet at a central point.
- Kissimmee - Osceola County
- Davenport & Haines City - Polk County
- Clermont - Lake County
- Orlando- Orange County
Osceola, Polk, and Lake Counties are all generally around the Disney area. Orange County is Disney and Universal. The Disney-Orlando Area is suited for many types of travelers: singles, couples, small and large families, reunions, sports groups, and business visitors can all find things to do and accommodations to suit their needs.
Cities Near Disney-Orlando
- Winter Park
Downtown Orlando Zip Code: 32801
Disney World Zip Code: 32801
Orlando Area Codes: 407, 689
Highlights of Disney - Orlando Area
What Not To Miss in the Disney-Orlando, Florida Area
There are over 60 attractions located in the city of Orlando, from nearby Disney World to Gatorland, something for every type of traveler
In the greater area surrounding Orlando including Kissimmee, there are hundreds of attractions, offering, even more, to choose from.
- Ripley's Museum, Wonderworks, Madame Troussauds are a few of the museums that draw millions of visitors each year.
- Kennedy Space Centre is a short 1-hour drive away. An amazing experience for both young and old space enthusiasts.
- Central Florida's Zoo, Brevard Zoo, Disney's Animal Kingdom, Sea World are just a few of the multitude of zoos where you can learn about local and exotic animals. Take a Safari with the giraffes!
- Cirque de Soleil, Blue Man Group, Medieval Times Dinner Theatre, Disney's Dinner Shows are just a few of the Live Theatre Shows that you can enjoy.
- Feeling hot? Get wet at Universal's Volcano Bay, Disney's Typhoon Lagoon, Adventure Island, Aquatica, and many more water parks found in the area.
- Perfect for guys and girls getaways, Orlando boasts over 15 professional golf courses.
- Shopping is abundant! Enjoy Vineland Premium Outlets, Lake Buena Vista Stores, the shops of International Drive open until 11 pm at night. Disney Springs is the main shopping district in Disney. Don't miss American Girl for your little princess.
- There are hundreds of world-class restaurants and dining options in the Orlando area, perfect for real foodies.
Suited for many many types of travelers singles, couples, small and large families, reunions, sports groups, and business visitors.
Things to do in Disney - Orlando Area
Discover The Ultimate Guide Of Things To Do In The Disney-Orlando Area
Orlando is the hub of Florida, perfectly suited for an action-packed holiday. Here's a handy list of things to do when visiting
- over 60 theme parks and attractions
- animal habitats and zoos
- live theatre shows
- indoor skydiving
- Kennedy Space Center
- shopping (Vinelands Premium Outlets, International Drive)
- mini putting
- high-end dining and an abundance of restaurants
Things to do indoors in Orlando when it rains
- The Escape Room Orlando: test your logic and creative skills to solve puzzles set in themed rooms and escape based on your given mission
- iFLY Orlando Indoor Skydiving: tech has really come along way, to the point of letting people experience free flight; the wind-tunnel tech at this spot allows you to skydive indoors, just a few feet off the ground
- VR Game Room at Universal's Aventura Hotel: immerse yourself in another reality through virtual reality tech; games, fictional worlds, and more!
- WonderWorks: an indoor amusement park comprised of 6-themed sections; the facility offers many fun activities, such as laser tag, a 3-story obstacle course, 4D-simulator rides
- Orlando Paintball: this one is for the older vacationers; 8 indoor and outdoor combat zones for you to choose from, whether you're down for paintball or laser tag
- Putting Edge: mini-putt but with a twist...it's all glow in the dark!; music, colour, and light all add to this fun experience
Romantic things to do in Orlando for couples
- Helicopter Night Tour: treat your partner to an unforgettable night, high in the sky; take in the aerial views of Orlando at night with live commentary from your pilot
- ICON Park Wheel: towering at 400 feet, impress your date with amazing views of Orlando; upgrade your experience with champagne during your 23 min. Ride; close to restaurants & bars making it the perfect post-dinner activity
- Lake Eola Park: float along central Lake Eola with the swans in a swan paddle boat
- Kayak Tour in Rock Springs: this isn't a regular tour because the kayaks are transparent!, meaning you won't miss a thing; it makes for great couple pics for your instagram
- Andretti Indoor Karting & Games: if you and your date are into thrills, head to Andretti's to race in high-speed go-karts in one of the world's longest indoor tracks
- Winter Park: the former resort is a large tourist attraction since it comprises over 70 parks; go for a romantic bike tour or grab some snacks and set up a picnic
Kid & Family-Friendly things to do in Orlando
- Disney's Blizzard Beach Water Park: one of two Disney Resort's water parks; the park is known for one of the world's tallest and fastest free-falling waterslides; there is plenty for the young ones too, like the small, snow-castle splash park
- Orlando Science Center: 4 floors of interesting and interactive exhibits to learn in a fun environment; features a theatre room also used for 3D movies
- Arcade City: a large facility with the latest in arcade games for the chance to win prizes
- Orlando City Stadium: a new stadium built in 2017 located in the heart of Orlando; sports fans should catch a match at this family-friendly spot
- Back to Nature Wildlife Refuge: a great, ethical way to see animals up-close; the knowledgeable staff are there for any questions you have while you tour the facility
- RDV Sportsplex Ice Den: whether you're into hockey, figure skating, or just cruisin' around on the ice; this place is a great choice
Things to do unique to Orlando
- Disney World: Orlando attracts over 20 million tourists annually seeing Disney World and its attached parks; within the park, there are 4 zones: Magic Kingdom Park, Epcot, Hollywood Studios, and Animal Kingdom
- The Wizarding World of Harry Potter: a Harry Potter-themed park located in Universal Studios; you can visit Hogwarts and the town of Hogsmeade, as well as various rides and immersive experiences
- Universal Studios: a great option for older kids than Disney; the characters of your favourite movies & TV shows come to life in this amusement park
- Disney's Boardwalk: shops, restaurants, and nightclubs all located by the water; this colourful walkway is located near a few Disney resorts
- Madame Tussaud's: walking through this museum is like walking with the stars; the wax statues look incredibly real; options for tickets that all you to see other attractions like the aquarium
- Pirates & Pals Firework Voyage: mount this ship for treats, pirates, and an incredible of Disney's fireworks show
Explore Disney - Orlando Area
Where To Sop And Dine In The Disney-Orlando Area
Shopping in The Disney-Orlando Area
- Orlando International Premium Outlets: the largest outlet shopping spot in Florida; an open-air concept facility with over 150 stores and restaurants to browse or dine at
- Florida Mall: if you're shopping on a rainy day, the Florida Mall is the best alternative for you; Central Florida's largest shopping center with over 200 stores and restaurants to visit; conveniently located near the airport & Disney resorts
- Celebration Farmers' Market: if you're looking to shop somewhere more lowkey; the Farmers' Market located in Celebration neighborhood features fresh produce and items crafted by local artisans
- Thornton Park: a quaint area of Orlando full of boutique shops and local restaurants
- West Church Street: a historic part of Orlando featuring shops, restaurants, and cafes; a nice change of pace from the busier parts of the city
Dining & Restaurant Options in Disney-Orlando Area
Best dine-in restaurants in Disney-Orlando
- Bull & Bear Steakhouse: located in the Waldorf-Astoria Hotel; if it's in your budget to upscale, put this as a first on your list; the unbelievable food, tableside service, and ambiance make for an unforgettable night
- Bosphorous Turkish Cuisine: if there was a top 5, Turkish food has to make the list of best cuisines in the world; Bosphorous is a truly authentic place, making everything from scratch
- Seito Sushi: a modern sushi spot that's been a well-established favourite in Orlando for the past two decades; the ramen dishes are a must-have here
- Ethos Vegan Restaurant: an all-vegan haven located in the historic Winter Park; there's no shortage of menu items here with dishes such as soups, salads, sandwiches, pastas, and more
- Agave Azul Cocina Mexicana: fresh Mexican & Southwestern with a full menu of Spanish classics, such as ceviches, carnitas, shrimp tacos and more
- Adriatico Trattoria Italiana: a small, family-owned Italian restaurant that will leave you raving!; classic and authentic dishes as well as a plentiful wine list
- Nile Ethiopian Restaurant: introduce yourself to a completely new taste; you'd never know it was there unless you were a local, but you're sure to never forget it
- H3: Orlando restaurants on the water
- Amatista Cookhouse: located at the Sapphire Falls Resort and serving delicious American cuisine; very affordable for a waterfront restaurant
- The Boathouse: an incredible atmosphere with beautiful decor, and the food is just as good too!; for seafood lovers, this is your spot; they have the largest list of oysters to choose from
- Mythos Restaurant: Orlando's take on mediterrenean; located a few mins. from the Wizarding World of Harry Potter; a nice break from regular theme-park food
- Rocco's Tacos & Tequila Bars: a lakeside dining experience offering fresh Mexican & Southwestern dishes; the corn tortillas are a must-try since they are made by hand on the comal, true to Mexican tradition
- Ohana: a fun place for both kids & adults with everything being Hawaiian-themed, from the decor to the Polynesian cuisine
- World of Beer: a sports bar with fresh pub food and cold beer, perfect for those looking for something casual but with great views
Takeout Restaurants in Disney-Orlando
- Q'Kenan: Venezuelan food is definitely underrated, but don't miss out on trying their cachapas, arepas, empanadas, and more!
- Aashirwad Indian Food & Bar: great takeout option for vegetarian travelers; Aashirwad has plenty to choose from, such as chicken biryani, coconut lime shrimp, eggplant curry...
- Fresco Cucina Italiana: takeout from here is sure to be a hit with you and your fellow travelers; you can never go wrong with Italian, especially not from Fresco's
- Kimonos: your spot for takeout sushi; great reviews reflect the quality of seafood at this place that you're sure to enjoy for takeout
- Soco Thornton Park: if you're looking for something easy and casual, Soco's American food is the perfect place for takeout; vegetarian options are available
Restaurants that will Deliver
- Ana's Brazilian Kitchen: an authentic Brazilian place that will deliver right to your door; a much better option than a chain churrascaria
- Thai Thani: try the bold flavors of Thai food
Best Breakfast & Brunch Restaurants
- First Watch: classic American breakfast with portions that make the trip worth it
- Keke's Breakfast Cafe: a popular breakfast and brunch chain throughout the States; if you're looking for something reliable (especially for kids), this is the place to go
- The Briar Patch: situated in Winter Park, the breakfast & brunch here never disappoint with their many sandwiches, waffles, burgers, omelettes and more
- The Wave...of American Flavors: 2.2 miles from Disney makes this place ideal if you want to get an early start at the park; a contemporary breakfast and brunch spot with typical American cuisine
- Le Gourmet Break: a quaint little spot with a French twist on breakfast and brunch, serving items such as croissants, crepes, brioches...
Local Lunch eateries you don't want to miss!
- Cafe Tu Tu Tango: an artsy spot for lunch serving Spanish cuisine; don't miss out on their delicious drinks either and be sure to sit outside on their funky patio
- Tibby's New Orleans Kitchen: an interesting place to try for a different taste of the States; their authentic meals and desserts will leave you saying WOW
- Teak Neighborhood Grill: known for their gourmet burgers which are an absolute must-try; a fancy twist on typical American fast food
- Ellie Lou's Brews & BBQ: the name says it all for Ellie Lou's specialties; a centrally located spot with consistently excellent meals
- Sal's Market Deli: wine, charcuterie, pastas, and slow-cooked pizza; this is your place for a quick bite to eat that will leave you wanting more
Are there Bars or Clubs in the Disney-Orlando Area?
- Hooch: a fun atmosphere with a 4-7pm happy hour and alfresco seating
- Sideshow: your local Orlando sports bar serving American bar food
- Tier Nightclub: a popular spot in the Lake Eola area with an ambiance of lights, lasers, and and loud music
- The Beacham: an old warehouse converted into a large party space; check out their website or socials to stay updated on their many themed nights
Where to find vacation rentals in the Disney-Orlando, FL Area
Transportation for Disney - Orlando Area
Transportation To & Around Orlando
Flying To the Disney-Orlando Area
There is an abundance of airports to choose from all within 2 hours of Orlando. Whether you live in the United States, Canada, Europe and beyond you are sure to find a final destination close by.
The Nearest Airports to the Disney-Orlando Area
Orlando International Airport within the city limits of Orlando. Travel time to downtown Orlando is 11 minutes. It also has a hotel on-site for late-night arrivals or early departures. This airport is the second busiest in the state of Florida and services 39 airline carriers. in addition to U.S. and Canadian options, it is the best option for European flights.
Airlines: Aer Lingus, AeroMexico, Air Canada, Air Transat, Alaska Airlines, American Airlines, Avelo, Avianca Airlines, Azul, Bahamasair, British Airways, Caribbean Airlines, Copa Airlines, Delta Air Lines, Edelweiss, Emirates, Frontier Airlines, GOL, Hawaiian, Icelandair, JetBlue, KLM, LATAM Airlines, Lufthansa, Rouge, Silver Airways, Southwest Airlines, Spirit Airlines, Sun Country Airlines, Sunwing, United Airlines, Virgin Atlantic, Viva Air, Volaris, WestJet
Car rentals, taxis, limos, Uber, and Lyft are available
Kissimmee Gateway Airport and Orlando Executive Airport are both small airports perfect for guests chartering a flight. The Kissimmee Gateway Airport is only 8 miles away from Walt Disney World and 10 miles away from the Orlando -Orange County Convention Centre. This airport accommodates general aviation air service 24 hours a day with two paved airport runways--respectively 5,000 and 6,000 feet. Orlando Executive Airport provides 24-hour service through base operators, Sheltair Aviation Services (SAS) and Atlantic Aviation, an FAA air traffic control tower, and has full ILS capability. Orlando Executive Airport's central location gives travelers numerous restaurants, hotels, stores, shopping, and theatre options within a 3-mile drive of the airport.
Sanford is just over an hour away and has several toll booths to pass before reaching your final destination in Orlando so be sure to have some small bills and change handy. This airport services discount airliner Allegiant Air, Interjet, Surinam Airways, Tui, Via Air, Thompson Airways.
Tampa International Airport is 91 miles (146 km) away from Orlando. This route has a toll and usually takes 1 hour and 55 minutes to travel. This airport is served by over 20 major airline carriers.
Transportation Services & Car Rental Options For your Disney-Orlando Vacation
Disney-Orlando Uber, Lyft & Taxi Services
- Ride-Sharing companies like Uber and Lyft are readily available at the larger area airports and around the general area
- Taxis are abundant at the airports and around town
Where to find a rental car in the Disney-Orlando Area Florida
- Rental cars are abundant and can be found both at the larger airports as well as off-site
Driving to the Disney-Orlando Area
The trek to Disney-Orlando is short for some and long for others. Many travelers choose to make the drive for varying reasons:
- It's a nice road trip
- You can save money on flights and car rentals
- Bring all the baby gear instead of renting
- Not having to rely on Disney transit options or expensive taxis/car shares
Statistics about Disney - Orlando Area
48+ Properties for rent
Prices range from $107.14/night
Weather for Disney - Orlando Area
Enjoy the balmy Disney-Orlando Area weather year round
- The average rainfall in the Disney-Orlando Area Fl is 52" per year, with the summer months being the rainiest
- The Best time of year to visit the Disney-Orlando Area is January-April when there are low chances of rain and the temperatures aren't too hot
- When is hurricane season in the Disney-Orlando Florida Area? Hurricane. season in Florida begins June 1 and ends November 20, but don't worry, most of the brunt of Florida hurricanes are in the coastal areas - even there hurricanes are relatively rare
- The average daytime high in the Disney-Orlando Florida Area ranges from the low 70's in January to the low 90's in June, July & August.
FAQs about Disney - Orlando Area
Answers to the most frequently asked questions.