- Daytona Beach Vacation Guide
About Daytona Beach
Where to Eat, Shop, Play, and Stay In Daytona Beach Florida
There is no shortage of activities and places to see at Daytona Beach. While best known for its beautiful beach and the Daytona 500, there is a wide variety of shopping, dining, nightlife, and day trips available.
Daytona Beach also hosts events other than the popular Daytona 500: Bike Week, Turkey Run Car Show., and the Halifax Art Festival are held throughout the year. These events attract visitors from around the world.
Cities in Daytona Beach
Located on the Central East Coast of Florida, an hour northeast of Orlando, Daytona Beach is a world-famous vacation spot, well-known for its beaches and the Daytona International Speedway.
Cities near Daytona Beach:
- Daytona Beach Shores
- Holly Hill
- Ormond Beach
- Ponce Inlet
- South Daytona
Zip Code(s) in Daytona Beach: 32114, 32117, 32118, 32119, 32124, 32128
Daytona Beach area code: 386
Daytona Beach is located in Volusia County
Highlights of Daytona Beach
What Are The best Things About Daytona Beach?
- Beach-lovers adore the powdery-white sand of Daytona Beach. Take a dip in the crystalline waters or take a walk along the boardwalk for entertainment, dining, and family fun. Beaches are drive-on from sunrise to sunset.
- The Daytona International Speedway always offers great fun for motor-heads and NASCAR fans.
- Go out for a night on the town and explore Daytona Beach's myriad of options for dining, bars, and the party atmosphere.
- Suited for anyone looking for a relaxing vacation to an adventure-filled vacation, whether it be families, groups, or couples on a romantic getaway.
Things to do in Daytona Beach
The Ultimate Guide Of Things To Do In Daytona Beach
There is plenty to do in Daytona Beach, whether you want to explore the beach, indulge in water sports, or enjoy some upscale shopping and dining. Here's a round-up of some of our recommended activities at Daytona Beach to curate your wish list of what to see and do.
- Visit Daytona Beach for water sports, relaxing on the sand or exploring the Boardwalk.
- Visit Daytona International Speedway to watch a race
- Go to the Jackie Robinson Ballpark for baseball.
- Shopping at the many retailers across the city - such as Tanger Outlets.
- Visit Daytona Beach's Farmer's Market
- Museum of Arts and Science
- Fine dining and casual restaurants
Things to do indoors in Daytona Beach when it rains
- Museum of Arts & Sciences: a nationally accredited museum that is the largest in the area; feast your eyes on more than 30,000 objects throughout the various galleries; a planetarium, an interactive children's museum, and more!
- Veterans' Museum & Education Center: a unique museum where you can learn about multiple wars, anything from WWII to the Persian Gulf; locals have put together a wide variety of uniforms, paraphernalia, documents, and more
- Daytona Escape Rooms - Code to Escape: a fun activity for friends or family; in teams of 2 to 12, debunk codes and secret messages
- Hangar 15 Extreme Air Sports: hate exercise? You won't after checking out this cool facility with over 16,000 sq ft. of trampolines
- Mardi Gras Fun Center: arcade games galore! Super affordable vintage games and pinball machines
- Marine Science Center: a rehabilitation facility for sea turtles and seabirds; their mission is to educate the public on conservation efforts; explore this center's exhibits, touch pool, turtle terrace, nature trail, and more
Romantic things to do in Daytona Beach for couples
- Bob's Balloon Charters: a date in the clouds is sure to be an unforgettable date; treat your partner to a hot air balloon experience
- Equestrian Adventures of Florida: guided horseback tours through Florida's beaches as well as old oak forests & preserves; the best time to book your tour is when the sun sets!
- Legacy DNA Charters: sip on some bubbly while cruising along the Central East coast of Florida or the Intracoastal Waterway; you're sure to spot some dolphins at play!
- Daytona Stadium: head over to the stadium for game day with your person; home to local sports teams, particularly popular with soccer; be sure to check when a match is happening
- Cruisin' Tikis: pack some drinks & snacks and hop on this floating tiki bar that cruises along the Halifax River
Kid & Family-Friendly things to do in Daytona Beach
- Nature Adventures of Daytona: tours of Daytona's local flora & fauna; from sunrise to sunset, you can kayak or canoe your way through the creeks with manatees, fish, and more!
- Daytona Fun Rentals: if you're not into the tours, Fun Rentals offers bikes, kayaks, canoes, jet skis, and paddleboards to be delivered beachside
- Scuba Lynn's RV Adventures LLC: try a scuba or snorkeling trip in the springs of Central Florida; there's even the option to camp on the grounds overnight in an RV
- Daytona Beach Boardwalk: a colorful combo of the Joyland Amusement Park, Mardi Gras Fun Center, and gift shops; from Memorial Day through to Labor Day, a firework show happens every Saturday at 9:45 pm
- Ormond Lanes Bowling: take your group of vacationers to the bowling lanes for some friendly competition; a full-service snack bar and drinks bar are on site too
- Pirate Island's Adventure Golf: an adventure-themed experience of mini-putt for all ages; 18-hole course
Things to do unique to Daytona Beach
- Cassadaga Spiritualist Camp: get spooky and book a tour of these haunted grounds; learn about the camp's mysterious and historic origins
- Coquina Clock Tower: a must-see landmark; the best time to visit is at sunset when the water is lit up in the background of this site; located on the Daytona Beach Boardwalk, it makes for a great photo opp
- Sugar Mill Ruins: remains of the Cruger-dePeyster plantation founded in the early 19th century; a historical site of the coquina sugar factory ruined during the war between the US and Native Americans
- New Smyrna Speedway: Daytona has the need for speed with its many racing tracks, but New Smyrna is open the most year-round; every Saturday night, the gates open at 6:00 pm from mid-March to November
- Living Legends of Auto Racing Museum: learn about the early days of racing through authentic memorabilia, race cars, photographs, documents, and more; definitely check out the Memorial Brick Walk of Fame
- Jackie Robinson Ballpark & Statue: see the actual place where baseball player Jackie Robinson made history for the Black community in America; learn about the history at the on-site museum featuring statues, markers, and more
Events In Daytona Beach
- Rolex 24 Hour Race
- Daytona 500 -Daytona International Speedway
- Bike Week
- Coke Zero 400 and related events
- Biketoberfest - Daytona Beach Area CVB
- Halifax Art Festival
- Turkey Run
- Daytona Racing District
- Daytona Beach Car Shows
Explore Daytona Beach
Where To Shop And Dine In Daytona Beach
Shopping in Daytona Beach
- Tanger Outlets: an outdoor mall full of designer stores and brand-name shops, sure to be familiar to you
- Ocean Walk Shoppes: do your shopping seaside with coastal-themed stores and local boutiques
- Volusia Mall: a large regional retail mall with over 100 stores to look through
Dining & Restaurant Options in Daytona Beach
Because Daytona Beach is one of the most popular destinations in Florida, its dining and nightlife are definitely highlights; the list goes on and on when it comes to the variety in cuisines and atmospheres; if you're craving something specific, you're sure to find it in Daytona
Best Dine-in Restaurants in Daytona Beach
- Chucherias: delicious Latin & Spanish inspired dishes served in a charming atmosphere with a lush terrace; Chef Mayra Rodriguez crafts her seafood plates with fish from Honduras, Spain and more for authenticity
- The Cellar: an acclaimed fine dining Italian cuisine that's more upscale; has an extensive wine list to pair with your dinner
- Ronin Sushi & Bar: a hidden gem among locals for yummy and beautifully-decorated sushi
- Hyde Park Prime Steakhouse: a great steakhouse for special occasions or events; a surf and turf menu with a fancy atmosphere and attentive staff
- Siam Spice: an Asian-fusion spot that definitely doesn't cheap out on portion sizes; soups, rices, dumplings, and warm veggies galore!
- Chez Paul: a whole French-inspired experience from the European menu to the romantic atmosphere; be sure to try their creme brulee dessert
Daytona Beach Restaurants on the Water
- H20 Daytona Bar & Grill: a beautiful spot overlooking the Atlantic; a welcoming atmosphere and serving American dishes alongside bar food
- Caribbean Jack's: situated by the marina with a view of the Halifax River; a great dinner spot with its nightly live entertainment and fresh seafood plates
- Sloppy Joe's: a super affordable waterfront diner, reminiscent of old Florida; serving unique burgers alongside classic pub food
- Daytona Diner: to step into this restaurant is to step back in time to the 50's; this retro diner offers casual American food
- The Roof: a waterfront restaurant...but from a few stories up; a great place to dine at sunset; a relaxed American menu in a captivating atmosphere
- Dimitri's Deck Bar & Grill: a local resto serving unique mediterranean food by the water; you'd think you're in Greece!
Takeout Restaurants in Daytona Beach
- Don Vito's Italian Restaurant: this spot is an absolute gem amongst locals; a family-owned resto creating from 5th-generation recipes to serve you
- Hog Heaven Bar-B-Q: American BBQ for takeout, perfect for when you're looking for something easy; definitely try a meal with their house-made sauce
- Leanh's Chinese Restaurant: if you're craving takeout that isn't American, Leanh's Chinese cuisine is a great option; their fried rice is a hit!
- Bahama Breeze: a great option if you're hoping for something a bit nicer for takeout; a Caribbean-inspired menu sure to be satisfying
- My Pi Pizza: a local pizza spot offering takeout; try Daytona's twist on pizza by ordering from here
Restaurants That Will Deliver
- The Winghouse Bar & Grill: a great spot that will deliver fresh fried chicken dishes right to your door
- Mi Hogar: a Mexican cuisine gem where you can order authentic and classic dishes such as chimichanga, chorizo, carne asada, and more
- After Body Meals: you're on vacation but still hoping to eat healthy?, this is the perfect spot for you; exciting and delicious meals that can be delivered fresh to you
- Ichi Ni San: here, you can order Asian & Thai food, ramen, sushi, curry, as well as Japanese cuisine such as Teriyaki or Tepantaki
- Neighbors Pizza: fresh pizza and other classic Italian dishes that you and your fellow travellers are sure to enjoy
Best Breakfast & Brunch Restaurants
- Starlite Diner: the waffles at this joint are a must-try; a fun place for the kids too with it's retro diner theme
- Doc Bale's Grill: both regular service and buffet options are available; the best part about this spot is its waterfront view for you to enjoy during your breakfast or brunch
- Cinnamon Tree Cafe: beautifully-crafted pastries, treats, and more!, served alongside fresh coffee brews
- Mango Sun Cafe & Grill: generous meal portions of classic American food located in the downtown area
- Pat's Riverfront Cafe: enjoy a delicious meal for breakfast or brunch at this gem of a dive right next to the Halifax River
Local Lunch Eateries You Don't Want to Miss!
- Dancing Avocado Kitchen: don't think we forgot about you vegans & vegetarians!; this spot is a vegan's haven with its long list of options for healthy, contemporary and delicious plates
- Crab Stop II: if you love seafood, this is the best lunch spot for you; casual seafood plates served alongside side dishes
- Cheddar's Scratch Kitchen: any of their dishes with cheese are a hit!; an easy American spot especially for the kids
- Corleone's Famous New York Pizza & Gyros: a great place that will leave you saying WOW!; a versatile menu of pizza and gyros that's also vegetarian friendly
- El Tequila's Authentic Mexican Restaurant: delicious Mexican dishes for lunch served in the coolest interior; a beautiful courtyard as well
Are There Bars or Clubs in Daytona Beach?
- 509 Lounge: crafted cocktails served with a small bar bites menu; a modern space decorated with neon lights; comprised of a patio & dance floor
- Razzle's: a classic in Daytona's nightlife; a huge party space with 11 bar stations; its cool sound, light, and tech make for an unforgettable night
- Sky Lounge: a rooftop bar overlooking the city & beach, as well as a great view of the Streamline; specialty cocktails alongside great wines & beers
Where to Find Vacation Rentals in Daytona Beach, FL
You're in luck! You can find vacation rentals right here on Florida Rental By Owners (FLARBO)! Our rental listings are 100% managed by the property owner or manager. Ditch the pesky third-party fees and interference by booking direct - no middle man (Or woman) here!
Transportation for Daytona Beach
How To Get To And Around Daytona Beach
Flying To Daytona Beach
Several airport options are close to Daytona Beach. Here are the two most convenient options for getting to Daytona Beach for both national and international travelers:
The Daytona Beach International Airport is located right outside Daytona Beach's city center. It is also located right next to the Daytona International Speedway, meaning you can walk right out of the airport to the races if you so choose! DAB is serviced by three major carriers: American Airlines, Delta, and Sunwing. DAB has national flights, which means international visitors will have to make connecting flights if they want to land at this airport.
Orlando International Airport is about 70 miles (112 km) or about an hour away from Daytona Beach. MCO is serviced by a wide range of national and international carriers, making it the preferable airport to fly to for international visitors. Rental Cars and transportation services like Uber are available for those who need them.
The Following Airlines Fly into Orlando International Airport: Aer Lingus, AeroMexico, Air Canad, Air Transat, Alaska Airlines, American Airlines, Avianca Airlines, Azul, Bahamasair, British Airways, Caribbean Airlines, Copa Airlines, Delta Air Lines, Edelweiss, Emirates, Frontier Airlines, GOL, Hawaiian, Icelandair, JetBlue, KLM, LATAM Airlines, Lufthansa, Rouge, Silver Airways, Southwest Airlines, Spirit Airlines, Sun Country Airlines, Sunwing, United Airlines, Virgin Atlantic, Viva Air, Volaris, WestJet
Airport Shuttle - Groome Transportation
For those looking for a private shuttle to and from the airport of your choosing, Groome Transportation is what you're looking for. Servicing several locations around Daytona Beach and traveling to both Orlando International Airport and Orlando-Sanford International Airport, this Airport shuttle is perfect for people not looking to rent a car. More information and ways to book a shuttle can be found on their website.
Transportation in Daytona Beach
While a taxi or car rental service is recommended for getting to and from Daytona Beach, public transportation around Daytona Beach is available for use and is the recommended way of getting around. Here are some transportation options for getting around Daytona Beach:
Daytona Beach attractions are spread out, so the best way to get around is by car. Having a car will allow you to visit nearby attractions up and down the coast as well. Car rentals are available at the airports.
Votran Public Bus
The Votran Buses are a service of the Volusia County Government and provide access to a wide range of shopping, entertainment, and healthcare options within Daytona Beach. Bus Passes can be purchased online at Votran's website or the Votran Transfer Plaza in Downtown Daytona Beach. Bus routes and times can be found on the MyStop Mobile App, which can be found on the App Store and Google Play Store.
Yellow Cab Company/Kings Transportation
For those who do not want to take public transportation and don't want to rent a car, taxi services are widely available around Daytona Beach thanks to Kings Transportation Group. Bookings can be made through 386-255-5555 or Toll-Free at 888-333-3356. More information can be found here. Of course, rideshare services like Uber and Lyft are available too.
Tour the city differently! There are many different bike tours and rentals available for those looking to get around Daytona Beach uniquely and memorably. There are plenty of different places to rent a bike from, though Daytona Adventures comes highly recommended for its flexibility and the huge number of bikes that are sure to satisfy everyone's standards. For those looking for a guided tour, check out Hopcycles and their wide range of different tours. From Historical Tours to Pub Crawls, they've got something for everyone.
Statistics about Daytona Beach
5+ Properties for rent
Prices range from $0/night
Weather for Daytona Beach
What Is The Weather Like In Daytona Beach?
- Daytona Beach's weather is pleasant all year round
- January is the coolest month with an average high of 65F
- July is the hottest month with an average of 90F
- The water temperature ranges from 67F in the cooler months up to 85F at the height of summer
- July, August, and September are the rainiest months, but it's not usually an all-day event
FAQs about Daytona Beach
Answers to the most frequently asked questions.
You're in luck! You can find vacation rentals by owner right here on Florida Rental By Owner (FLARBO)! Our rental listings are 100% managed by the property owner. Ditch the pesky third-party fees and interference - no middle man (Or woman) here!
Yes! We have several subscription levels to advertise your vacation rental suitable for any budget. Our Book Direct, No Commission Fee Subscription Model suits the majority of short-term rental owners, learn more here.