- Davenport Vacation Guide
Found in Central Florida, south-west of Orlando and east of Tampa, Davenport is the perfect vacation spot for theme-park goers looking for an action-packed getaway.
Davenport is a small town in Central Florida, with its claim to fame being its proximity to Walt Disney World, Orlando, and both coasts. Located only 10 miles from Walt Disney World, 30 miles from Orlando, and 54 miles from Tampa. Davenport gives you the small-town experience at reasonable accommodation prices, while still providing access to the cities and theme parks.
There are also plenty of things to do in Davenport itself, including events and festivals throughout the year. With plenty of activities for children and adults alike, Davenport will quickly become your go-to place to relax after exploring a thrilling day at the amusement parks.
Cities in Davenport
Close To Theme Parks And a Short Drive To Florida Beaches - An Ideal Florida Vacation
Davenport FL is only 1.6 sq miles, it offers a small-town feel with close-by access to the theme parks and only a short drive to the beaches on both the Gulf and Atlantic coasts of Florida.
While tiny, Davenport offers great recreation opportunities, there's something for everyone!
Cities Near Davenport, FL
- Haines City
- Winter Haven
Davenport, FL Zip Codes: 33836, 33837
Davenport, FL Area Code: 863
Davenport, FL is in Polk County
Highlights of Davenport
What are the Highlights and Area Attractions in Davenport, Florida?
- Northeast Regional Park (tennis, racquetball, basketball, and 6 multi-use fields)
- Golfing: Highlands Reserve Golf Club, Champions Gate Golf Resort
- Walt Disney World and Associated Parks.
- Universal Studios Orlando
- Sea World Orlando
- Northeast Regional Park
- Fossil Funatics Fossil Hunting
- Webbs Candy Factory
- True Blue Winery
- Posner Park Shopping Mall
- Cinepolis Cinema
Things to do in Davenport
A Guide To The Ultimate Things To Do In Davenport Florida
Things to do indoors in Davenport, FL when it rains
- Cinepolis Cinema: the movies is the perfect idea for a rainy day; an IMAX theatre with 9-screens as well as a concessions stand
- Webbs Candy Factory: a flood of candies, ice cream, chocolates and more await you here; the factory makes everything hand-made and also offer short tours
- Cirque du Soleil: enter a world of fantasy when booking to see La Nouba show from the Cirque du Soleil company; thrilling acts such as aerial ballet as well as acrobatic and trampoline performances
- New Horizons Yoga: try a yoga class; this spot is unique since the location of your class is flexible, whether it be at your rental home or the civic center; no equipment required, they will bring
Romantic things to do in Davenport, FL for couples
- True Blue Winery: head to the winery with your partner for a few hours of wine tasting, while enjoying a fresh brick-oven pizza
- Cenote Day Spa: relax, restore, and renew with your partner for a spa day; massage therapy, facials, and complimentary drinks...it doesn't get much better than that
- Providence Golf Club: try a round of golf with your person at Providence; completely open to the public, take a shot at the 18-hole championship course
- Northeast Regional Park: grab some treats and head to the park for a picnic; open to the public year-round and located on Highway 27 near the I-4
- Hot Air Balloon Ride: if this isn't the definition of a romantic date, I don't know what is; do a champagne toast close to the Sun
Kid & Family-Friendly things to do in Davenport, FL
- Fossil Funatics: a fun experience for the kids to go hunting for fossils and shark teeth; family-friendly canoe or kayak tours are available too
- Disney Springs: a plaza full of fun stores for the kids, like World of Disney - the largest Disney merchandise store
- Florida Manatee Adventure and Airboat Ride: a guided boat cruise down Crystal River to search for manatees, and eventually, jump in to snorkel with these gentle animals
- LegoLand: a family-friendly amusement park with all Lego-themed rides, shows, and attractions; eleven zones to discover with plenty of different activities to try
- Davenport Beach: a trip to Florida also requires a trip to the beach; Davenport Beach has a connection between the river and the ocean making it a unique spot along with its multiple caves
Things to do unique to Davenport, FL
- Crayola Experience: take a day trip to the Florida Mall in Orlando to explore your creativity in Crayola's interactive experience, with over 20 different hands-on attractions
- Croc Encounters: this one requires another trip to Tampa but worth the drive; safe, guided tours to interact live with Florida's crocodiles; you can even have the chance to touch and feed them
- Lake Louisa State Park: over 4000 acres of greenery and lakes; walk or bike through the scenery or head there for a hike, swim, or picnic
- Captain Fred's Airboat Nature Tours: a customized tour to view Florida's native wildlife on an old-fashioned airboat
Why not try some of these Davenport, FL events to create a unique and special trip?
- Grills Gone Wild - Market and Car Show (April)
- WinterFest and Christmas Parade (December)
Where To Shop And Eat In Davenport FL
Shopping in Davenport FL
- Posner Park Shopping Mall: here, you can find about 30 different retail stores and restaurants; it's the center of mainstream shopping in Davenport
- The Mall at Millenia: if you're looking for a fun shopping experience, a unique activity would be personal styling to update your wardrobe
- Disney Springs: one hundred stores of every variety to shop in, anything from unique boutiques to large-name brands
Dining & Restaurant Options in Davenport FL
Though small, Davenport FL offers a wide variety of dining options to suit any taste and budget
Best Dine-in Restaurants
- Trevi's: try Florida's take on Italian cuisine at Trevi's; it's a great spot for a casual dinner with the large buffet spread they serve too
- Zen: an Asian-fusion cuisine served in a beautiful atmosphere; here, you can find sushi, general tao chicken, Wok, and much more; vegetarian options are available here too!
- Ovation Bistro & Grill: a surf and turf vibe, especially known for their BBQ and burgers
- Osteria Italian Kitchen: another great choice for Italian food in Davenport; lots of wines to choose from and the atmosphere is perfect for date night
- Manny's Original Chophouse: known for its steak, this funky restaurant has a homey feeling to it; perfect for a cold brew after a day in the sun
Restaurants on the Water
- Celebration Town Tavern: try a seafood meal fresh from the Boston port but on Florida's Lake Rianhard; has a great kid-friendly menu
- Harry's Old Place: another waterside view with delicious seafood, greatly known for their oysters and their eclectic vibe of old Florida
- Lakeside Restaurant: you can take in a breathtaking view of the lake while enjoying a meal for breakfast or dinner here
- Harborside: upscale your waterfront dining experience at Harborside; steak, seafood, tacos...they have it all; head here for dinner to watch the sunset
- Dora's Pizza: takeout pizza has to be done from local Davenport pizzeria Dora's, where everything is homemade
- Fish & Chip Shop: make sure you get to this spot on time for your order because it's even more delicious hot & fresh; their fried Haddock is a best-seller
- La Fiesta Mexicana: authentic Mexican cuisine that is locally-owned; affordable takeout for the entire family or group
- 4 Corners Tavern: American cuisine for takeout that will never disappoint; a wide variety of menu items such as gourmet burgers, cajun Mahi, or pork belly mac & cheese
- Kumo: a mom and pop restaurant serving fresh and delicious sushi for takeout here
Restaurants That Will Deliver
- Dulcetto: Italian cuisine delivered right to your door; pastas, pizzas, and calzones galore
- TradeWinds Restaurant: made at the TradeWinds resort, a variety of American cuisine, typically pub-style food, sure to be enjoyed by everyone
- Chinese To Go: easy Chinese cuisine with well-loved dishes such as Beef lo Mein, Kung Pao Chicken, and egg fried rice
- Borinquen Restaurant & Pizzeria: try authentic Puerto Rican cuisine at Borinquen; Mofongo, Tostones, and Maduros are just some of the unique and delicious dishes they serve
- Taste of Punjab: a family-owned restaurant that makes their Indian dishes fresh and home-made
Best Breakfast & Brunch Restaurants
- Egg City: quaint local breakfast and brunch eatery that one may describe as 'egg-sellent'!
- First Watch: great place for an American breakfast; waffles, panckaes, french toast and more!
- iHop: if this is your first time in the USA or even if you've never been to an iHop, you've got to try it out! iHop is a classic and reliable breakfast diner in America
- Express Cafe: a Latin-fusion breakfast & brunch spot with hot & fresh coffee
Local Lunch eateries you don't want to miss!
- Lavender n' Lace Tea Room & Restaurant: a Caribbean fusion menu with a long list of teas to pair with your meal, and after, a long list of yummy desserts to choose from; a unique spot in Davenport
- The Blue Coast: delicious Asian cuisine for lunch; take your meal inside or to the patio
- Don Pepe's Taqueria: a hidden gem for Mexican cuisine, serving tacos, burritos, enchiladas and more!
- King o' Falafel: a great combo of Mediterranean and middle eastern cuisines; one of the few places in Davenport with this menu making it a special spot for lunch
- The Twisted Teapot: an especially fun spot for the kids; a Brit-inspired tea salon; with classics such as tea sandwiches, scones, croissants, quiches, and more
Are there Bars or Clubs in Davenport?
- Bahama Breeze: one of a kind plates and drinks; a resto-bar with a fun atmosphere; be sure to sit out on the terrace to enjoy Florida's cool tropical breeze at night
- Fireside Lounge & Billiards: affordable spot with a club ambiance and live entertainment; grab an ice-cold beer and hit the pool table with your travel buddies
- Croc's: a poolside bar...sounds about right for a trip to Florida!; bar food served right by the pool
Where to find vacation rentals in Davenport, FL
You're in luck! You can find vacation rentals right here on Florida Rental By Owners (FLARBO)! Our rental listings are 100% managed by the property owner or manager. Ditch the pesky third-party fees and interference, book direct - no middle man (Or woman) here! floridarentalbyowners.com
Do you have questions about Davenport Florida, or need help planning your trip? Join our Disney-Orlando Area Travel Facebook group here
Transportation for Davenport
What's the Best Way to Travel to And Around Davenport Florida?
Flying Into Davenport Florida
Orlando International Airport is 35 miles (56 kilometers) away from Davenport. The route will normally take around 45 minutes to complete. This airport is the second busiest in the state of Florida. Orlando International Airport is also the preferred option for European flights.
The Following Airlines Fly into Orlando International Airport:Aer Lingus,AeroMexico,Air Canad,Air Transat,Alaska Airlines,American Airlines,Avianca Airlines,Azul,Bahamasair,British Airways,Caribbean Airlines,Copa Airlines,Delta Air Lines,Edelweiss,Emirates,Frontier Airlines,GOL,Hawaiian,Icelandair,JetBlue,KLM,LATAM Airlines,Lufthansa,Rouge,Silver Airways,Southwest Airlines,Spirit Airlines,Sun Country Airlines,Sunwing,United Airlines,Virgin Atlantic,Viva Air,Volaris,WestJet
Tampa International Airport is 71 miles (114 kilometers) away from Davenport. The route usually takes about an hour and 10 minutes. This airport is serviced by over 20 major airlines.
The Following Airlines Fly into Orlando International Airport: Alaska Airlines, Air Canada, American Airlines, Breeze Airways, British Airways, Cayman Airways, Copa Airlines, Delta Air Lines, Edelweiss Air, Frontier, Jet Blue, Lufthansa, Norwegian Air, Silver Airways, Southern Airways Express, Southwest Airlines, Spirit Airlines, Sun Country Airlines (seasonal), Swift Air, Swoop, United, WestJet
Driving to Davenport
For those driving, consider driving from these closer states;
- Jacksonville, FL - 174 miles
- Charleston, SC - 413 miles
- Atlanta, GA - 458 miles
- Birmingham, AL - 562 miles
- Nashville, TN - 706 miles
- New Orleans, LA - 718 miles
- Louisville, KY - 877 miles
- Little Rock, AR - 945 miles
Transportation in Davenport
There is a limited amount of Public Transportation in and around Davenport. Uber and Taxis are available, but it is highly recommended that you either bring or rent a vehicle if you are staying in Davenport. If you plan to explore spots further outside the town, such as the Theme Parks, and Orlando itself, a vehicle is a must.
Statistics about Davenport
15+ Properties for rent
Prices range from $107.14/night
Weather for Davenport
What's The Weather Like In Davenport FL?
Davenport offers beautiful weather year-round. Visit the theme parks, day trip to a beach, golf, play a game of tennis, or just stay in and swim the day away at your vacation rental.
- Summer is pleasantly hot with highs in the 80's and 90's, perfect for a break away from school and work. Rain is more prevalent in the summer months, but often the showers pass quickly and the sun shines again
- Fall remains very warm and offers a respite from the cooling northern temperatures
- Winter months are cooler with highs in the 60's and 70's - snowbirds love the temperate weather
- Spring starts the warm-up with April highs in the mid 70's
While the weather is great all year long in Davenport the best time to visit the theme parks may be in the cooler months so you can stay and play all day in the Florida sun.
FAQs about Davenport
Answers to the most frequently asked questions.